We had another OB visit today.
I had to drive all the way from work at Canungra to Brisbane CBD where the OB has her offices. The drive took over an hour and I managed to get completley lost in the city! I did finally make it and had time for a quick bite to eat.
The appointment was pretty straight forward so Leon did not come all the way down from the Sunshine Coast for it. After a few questions back and forth I went into the office and was weighed and had my blood pressure taken...all normal. Actually the only weight I have put on in the past month is the few 100g of the baby...pretty good for someone eating a crappy diet!
Now for the exciting part....I got to hear the baby's heart beat again. It is not all joy, there is this 5 second moment of heart stopping fear as the doctor moves the fetal Doppler monitor around on your belly looking for the baby's heart beat. Then you hear it and you can't help but sigh with relief and smile. Funny how you can get so attached to something so quickly.
Well that is about it for now. No more tests or appointments for another month. Maybe I'll be letting you know soon that I have felt the baby move, they say about 16+ weeks and we are 14 weeks tomorrow.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Shari and Leon,
Wow what a wondrerful idea have a blog so we can all see how you are going.
Shari, sounds like you are enjoying being pregnant.
I'm sure your diets not that bad but good too here you have been only putting on baby weight. I put on 20kilos with my two.
Speak soon
Bec Murphy
Post a Comment