Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Adventure Baby

So before we even knew we were pregnant, we were on holidays in Port Douglas. Not knowing about our special cargo, we happily went out on the Great Barrier Reef snorkelling, fresh water rapids swimming and flying around the country.

Well to keep this adrenalin baby going we went out sports fishing and 4WDing over the Easter break. Now it was probably not the smartest decision on our part to take a 4 month pregnant woman out on the continuously rolling ocean for 12 hours but we did manage to catch a massive marlin! I did not get any real pictures so have included a drawing for those that don't know what a marlin is. The one the boys caught was over 2 meters. We also had a bunch of dolphins escorting the boat and playing in the water near by. It was a good experience, I am glad I got to experience some of the joy Leon gets out of fishing. I will however not be racing back out to the ocean any time soon!




No comments: