Thursday, July 10, 2008

Parents to Be - Week 2

Leon and I passed our first test as 'parents to be'...we were actually able to find our way through the hospital back to the education rooms for our second Parents to Be class. This week’s class covered labour and birth. I won’t go into any details....lets just say Leon did a lot of turning green and I wanted to know if I could change my mind about having a baby. Everyone keeps telling me that millions of woman have done this before me....sorry but that comment is just not that comforting.

One thing that was nice during this class was learning and practising massage techniques. It was all about ME and making ME feel better! The mid wife did stress to the 'poor husbands' that us women might be as sweet as pie one moment and a complete raving monster the next! Look out Leon if you happen to be in swinging room when giving me a massage and the Shari monster makes an appearance.

The big drama of week 2 class was the real life fainting of one of the mothers to be. She seemed a little distracted during class and kept going for water and the toilet. On her last trip out we heard a very large thump. She had collapsed on the very hard floor of the hallway. She was awake and talking by the end of class but I am unsure how she landed or if she hurt anything. I hope she is ok.

No comments: