Leon and I attended our first 'Parents To Be' class on 24th Jun. We have 6 weeks worth of 2 hour classes at the Wesley Hospital where we will eventually have the baby in about 9 weeks (all going to plan!). The class has 5 other couples in it, all first time parents, all due around the same time as us.
Our first class included a tour of the maternity ward and birthing suits. It all looks just like I had imagined it would. Everything seems more real now that I can actually visualise the rooms where we will spend our time during our stay.
The first class also included a very detailed lesson in female anatomy...hehe I actually learnt a few things I did not know about myself! One funny moment during the class happened as the mid wife was explaining how the baby turns as it is birthed. Leon asked if babies always turned the same direction....she seemed stumped and had no answer for this....I pipped up and said maybe it is like the toilet water, one direction here and the other in the USA. Most 'parents to be' had a giggle but the mid wife looked completely confused by my comment (obviously not a Bart Simpson’s fan).
It is going to be a good 6 week course once everyone comes out of their shell; there are a few 'big' personalities in the class.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment