Sunday, June 14, 2009

Queenslander!


Wednesday night was the first game in the State of Origin battle between NSW and QLD. As a Sassy (South Australian born person) I have not been brought up with Rugby in my blood. Leon on the other hand has been shouting QUEENSLANDER all his life. Inter-state clashes between the QLD Maroons and NSW Blues have been happening since 1908 so there is a lot of history and pride that goes with these games. People really get into it and throw parties or have drink-a-thons at pubs etc.

Well for Alison’s first State of Origin we were invited to Jane and Dave’s house for hotdogs, home brew beer and cheering. I have been going along to State of Origin parties since I have known Leon, I have noticed they have changed somewhat in recent years. I think there may have been more children running around screaming and laughing then men shouting at the T.V. this year.

This is a photo of Alison and Leon before we headed out for the night. Notice her T-shirt says 100% Queenslander…I was tempted to cross it out and add 50% Sassy!

No comments: